SEDMHA is looking to fill the position of Treasurer
SEDMHA Minor Hockey Tournament is one of the largest, respected, multi-level tournaments in North America that is hosted right here in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, The SEDMHA tournament first began during over 45 years ago and has since grown to include not only Minor Hockey event but also includes a U9 Jamboree event and a Female Hockey event that are held at different times during the hockey season.
This event has been a very well known and successful Minor Hockey tournament for 4 decades and is due to the great group of volunteers that make up the Executive committee as well as the hundreds of volunteers that help out each year at all three main events.
The SEDMHA Executive that oversees all SEDMHA events is currently looking to fill the position of Treasurer. Candidates interested in this volunteer position should have an accounting background and/ or previous account experience.
For further information on this role or to express interest, please reach out to SEDMHA Executive Chairman Wayne MacDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mar 7, 2023
Mar 2, 2023
East Coast Varsity is OPEN and plans to stay open.
RBC Centre is OPEN. Any closures will be posted to their website.
Zatzman Sportsplex is OPEN. They will reassess at 4pm
Mar 2, 2023
Mar 2, 2023
Date: April 3 & 4
Location: RBC Arena
Registration: April 3rd @ 8:00 PM
April 3rd 8:15pm to 9:45pm
April 4th 5:15pm to 6:45pm
Cost: $ 100 per player
Please note there will be a limited # of spots for this session so we expect to fill up quickly.
- Players must be born 2010 or earlier to participate
- All players who are intending to try out for a NS U15 Major team in the spring or wish to try-out/ play checking in the 2022-23 season MUST attend.
- All protective equipment must be worn during the session
- Checking clinics are required to try-out for U15 AA, A, U18 AA,A. If a player opts to not tryout for these teams i.e. wish to play Bantam B or Midget B, then they do not have to attend the checking clinic.
- Goalies DO NOT attend the checking clinic.
- If player has already completed a prior Hockey NS certified checking clinic already, they do not need to take it again but are more than welcome to take it again as a refresher.
- Please click on the below link to register, once registered a confirmation email will be send and all payment links and instructions will be included
- Checking clinic will be run by our technical director Bill Short. Any questions regarding this please email Bill at email@example.com.
- A certificate will not provided, players names, DOB's and HCR #'s will be sent to Hockey NS and their profile will be marked as having completed this once sessions are done.
Mar 2, 2023
Sessions: 8 - one hour sessions
Dates: April 5 to 27, 2023
U9 Half Ice - U7 Grads Returns (2016 Birth Year) / U9 Returning (2015 Birth Year) - Mon & Wed 5:15 - 6:15pm
U11 Full Ice - U9 Grads (2014 Birth year) /U11 Returning (2013 Birth year) - Mon & Wed 6:15 - 7:15pm
U13 Full Ice U11 Grads (2012 Birth Year)/U13 Returning (2011 Birth Year) - Tues & Thur 5:15 - 6:15pm
U15 Full Ice - U13 Grads (2010 Birth year) /U15 Returns & Grads (2009 Birth years) - Tues & Thur 6:15 - 7:15pm
U11 - U15- 30 Skaters & 4 Goalies MAX
Payment MUST be made in full before your player can go on the ice. Payment can be made by credit card (via online Square website), or etransfer. Once registered, a confirmation email will be sent to you with payment instructions for the above methods.
Open to Dartmouth Whalers Minor Hockey Players, and MUST HAVE BEEN REGISTERED AND PLAYED DURING the 2022-2023 season, This will be verified before player can step on the ice.
Mar 1, 2023
Feb 23, 2023
Feb 22, 2023
Attention Parents of U9 players born in 2014
- Dartmouth Whalers are putting on a U11 Prep Sessions for Players which consists of 3 - 1 hour ice sessions for a cost of $60
- Sessions are open ONLY to Dartmouth Whalers second year U9 players with birth year of 2014 and who are moving to U11 for the 2023-24 season.
- Sessions are for skaters ONLY, players that are planning to declare a position of Forward or Defense and not players declaring a position of Goalie next season.
- No players who have another birth year of U9 are eligible to attend