Fees and Registration Payment Information
Registration Fees for 2023-2024 season
All Fees for the 2023-2024 season, including registration, conditioning, tryouts and Rep Team fees WILL NOT be increasing for the 2023-2024; however we are anticipating an increase for next season due to rising costs
Goalie Initative: https://whalers.org/l/42/DWMHA/news/4366/Pilot-Goaltender-Initiative/
****Online Registration for the 2023 - 2024 Season will open Tuesday July 25th at 10:00AM****
*1 Registration Fee is mandatory for all players. Early registration cut off for U11 to U18 will be August 31st, 2023. As of September 1, 2023, all registration fees for U11, U13, U15 and U18 will increase to $905.
*2 Conditioning Camp is optional; consists of 5 - 1 hour on ice sessions. Cut off for U11 to U15 Conditioning is August 31st. Conditioning fees must be paid in full no later than September 5th for your player to participate.
Cut off for U9 conditioning is September 10th, fees must be paid in full no later than September 15th If not paid, they will be removed from the list of participants.
*3 Tryouts for rep teams is optional but and must be added to registration to participate. Cost of Tryouts for all levels is $100 except for U13 AAA which is $200. ONLY ONE FEE FOR TRYOUTS NEEDS TO BE ADDED TO REGISTRATION
Cut off for U11 to U18 Tryouts is August 31st. Tryout fees must be paid in full no later than September 10th for your player to participate. If not paid in full by this date, they will be removed from the tryout list and will be allocated to recreation hockey balancing.
*4 Rep fees for U11 to U18 will be invoiced to all players that are successful in making a rep team. Rep fees must be paid in full no later than November 30th. If not paid in full by this date, they will be removed from participating in any Whalers activity, both on ice and off.
· Checking Camp certification is mandatory for all players who have not played checking hockey at the U15 A level or above in previous minor hockey seasons, please note that a HNS certified checking clinic only needs to be taken once. Checking camp has been held in the spring but we expect to be putting on a fall checking clinic Early September. Participation in spring hockey where body checking is permitted does not qualify a player to participate in tryouts with body checking.
· If fees are not paid by November 30, 2023, a late payment fee of $50 will be applied to the member's account. and players will not be able to participate in any Whalers activities until the outstanding fees are received in full.
· Any player with outstanding registration fees from a previous season is considered a “Member Not in Good Standing”. As such, registration for the 2023-24 hockey season will be blocked by the Hockey Canada system until payment of outstanding fees is received in full.
Dartmouth Whalers Payments T&C's and Refund Policy
**If a player has applied for financial assistance through one of the funding programs, payment cut off can be extended until approval is received if proof is provided that an application has been submitted to a financial assistance program.
Also we do not want to add any financial stress for families so if a family does require more time due to their financial situation, families can reach out to our treasurer and a payment plan can be worked out. Although in order for a player to be allowed to continue to participate in team activities, regular payments must be made as outlined in the agreed upon payment schedule.
***PLEASE NOTE, in past seasons we have not fully enforced registration and payment cut off dates. This will not be the case in 2023-2024, if players are not registered before the cutoff dates, they will not be added and if payment in full is not made as outlined above, players will be removed from the ice and all Whalers Activities.
1. Payment in full at time of registration
2. Installment payments – 100% of Conditioning & Tryouts Plus Downpayment 20% of Registration fee at time of registration then balance of registration to be paid in three equal payments processed / due no later than the following dates: September 30th, October 31st and November 30th.
Installment Payment Schedule
Once players are assigned to a competitive team, the rep fee for 2023-2024 season will be applied to their account and parents will be notificed that they can now make payemt by either sending etransfer or logging in and adding credit card details. Payment must be received no later than November 30th
1. If you choose to pay by Visa or Mastercard, you will be forwarded to our payment section and have the option to pay in full or use our option payment plan for REGISTRATION ONLY, Conditioning sessions and tryout fees will be charged in full at time of registration.
2. E-transfer payment(s) should be sent to email@example.com. No password is required but please ensure you note your player(s)'s name they are registered under. For example, "Registration John MacDonald". Please ensure to send ONE E-TRANSFER for all players and for all fees. Please do not send separate e-transfers for each player or for each installment amount (I.e. one for registration and one for Tryouts and/ or conditioning), when they are sent separately on the same date, only one e-transfer shows in our email box.
**Multiple Player discount $75 discount for each player if three or more players are registered with Dartmouth Whalers on one invoice. Players must be on one invoice registered at the same time to receive the discount. **Please note the online registration system can only apply a discount to the third player so a total credit of $225 (3 X $75) will be applied to the third player registered, rather than $75 to each player
**Credits- If your player has credits from the 2023-2024 season for 50/ 50 Draw or Goalie Credit, they have now been entered in the system and should show when registering your player, if they do not, please DO NOT CONTINUE TO REGISTER YOUR PLAYER, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before you submit your player’s registration
DWMHA Refund Policy
Any refund requests must be submitted in writing via email to the Registrar at email@example.com. The refund request must clearly state the reason for the request and the extent of the refund will depend on the date that the written request is received (unless otherwise specified). Refunds involving e-transfer payments will be issued after the payment has been cleared through DWMHA's financial institution (less any applicable administrative fee).
Refunds involving credit card payments will be processed back onto the credit card used for registration after DWMHA has received notification of the approved credit card payment from the credit card processing system (less any applicable administrative fee).
Refunds will only be provided for the following circumstances.
- Voluntary withdrawal request
If a player is requesting a voluntary refund (to play other sports / pursue other interests), they will be eligible for a prorated refund up until December 31st of the season, there will be no refunds after December 31st
- Non-Voluntary withdrawal request
If a player is requesting a non-voluntary refund (relocation, season ending injury, medically unfit to play) will received a pro-rated refund at any time during the season.
- Withdrawal due to Medical Reason
If an illness or injury (supported by a physician's note) prevents the player from participating for the remainder of the season in any program for which they have enrolled, a proportion of the fees will be refunded upon request. Following the deduction of any administrative or other applicable costs that may apply, the refund will be pro-rated according to the duration of the season remaining after either the date the written request is received or the date of the illness / injury as per the physician's note.
Important items to note:
- All approved refunds will be based on pro-rated number of weeks remaining in the season as a percentage of the total number of weeks at the time of refund request.
- NO REFUNDS will be processed for any period of time in the season if a player is ill, injured or suspended from playing.
- Refunds will not be processed until all team fees are paid in full and DWMHA jerseys and/ or equipment have been returned in good condition.
- Refunds after October 15th will not be refunded the $72 Hockey Canada Insurance fee.
- All refunds will be subject to a $10 admin fee.
- Registration refunds do not apply to conditioning camps, tryout fees, team fees or development sessions.
- Players in U7 and U9 divisions are eligible for a full prorated refund at any time during their first year of registration.
- There is no refund for retroactive requests or missed sessions for any reason.
- Any requests for exceptions to be made to the refund policy must be approved by the DWMHA Executive board of Directors.
Questions: If you have any questions, please direct them to the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.