REGISTRATION - Fees, Registration Payment Information & Refund Policy
If you have any question, please contact our registrar Beth MacMullin at firstname.lastname@example.org
****PLEASE NOTE REGISTRATION CHANGES FOR 2022-2023***
- Only one registration will be required for 2022-2023, it will include all items for all players on one invoice. This includes Regsitration fees as well as "Other Items" like condtioning and Tryouts fees (PLEASE NOTE for U13 and U15, only one tryout fee is to be selected).
- If paying by credit card and choosing the installment option, installment amounts charged to your credit card will ONLY BE FOR THE REGISTRATION FEES. The Hockey Canada system is not set up to include "Other Fees" like Conditioning and Tryout fees included in the installment amounts, therefore these other fees will be charged 100% in full at time of registration, if you would like to pay these fees in installments, you MUST choose etransfer as form of payment
- Third Ice time fee WILL NO LONGER BE ADDED at time of registration. It will be added once players are successful in making a competitive team. Each player will be sent an electronic invoice for Rep fees, which will be dependant on level playing (see below table for fees). This fees can be paid in two installmentsif paying by etransfer (Oct 30 and Nov 30), if paying by credit card, it will need to be paid in full.
- Multiple Player discount amounts have been updated, due to the Hockey Canada system set up, the discount for families with 3 players or more, it will not longer be a percentage of the registration fee and will now be $75 discount for each player but all three or more players MUST be registered with Dartmouth Whalers on one invoice to receive the discount. **Please note the online registration system can only apply a discount to the third player so a total credit of $225 (3 X $75) will be applied to the third player registered, rather than $75 to each player
- If you run into any issues in the system, please contact email@example.com
immediately so we can get it resolved.
Early Registration Fees for 2022-2023 season*
|U7 (2016, 2017, 2018)||$575|
|U9 (2014, 2015)||$630|
|U11, U13, U15 & U18 Comp & Rec||$855|
|Tryouts (co-ed teams) U11 to U18 // U13 AAA||$100 / /$200|
*ABOVE FEES ARE EARLY REGISTRATION FEES THAT ARE VALID UNTIL SEPTEMBER 15, 2022, after this date a late fee of $50 will apply for all registrations.
Dartmouth Whalers Payments T&C's and Refund Policy
- All down payments must be received on or before September 30, 2022. Players will not be able to participate in any Whalers activities until the down payment for player is received in full
- Early Registration ends September 15th, 2022, after this date a late fee of $50 will apply for all registrations except for first time players along with U7 and U9 Players.
- If you choose to pay by Visa or Mastercard, you will be forwarded to our payment section and have the option to pay in full or use our optional payment plan for REGISTRATION ONLY, Conditioning sessions and tryout fees will be charged in full at time of registration for credit cards.
- E-transfer payment(s) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. No password is require but please ensure you note your player(s)'s name they are registered under. For example "Registration John MacDonald" Please ensure to send ONE E-TRANSFER for all players and for all fees. Please do not send seperate etransfers for each player or for each installment amount (I.e. one for registration and one for Tryouts and/ or conditioning), when they are sent seperately on the same date, only one etransfer shows in our email box.
- Credits - If you are owed credits from the 2021-2022 season for 50/50, they have now been entered in the system and should show when registering your player, if they do not, please contract email@example.com before you continue to register your player
- If fees are not paid by December 15, 2022, players will not be able to participate in any Whalers activities until the outstanding fees are received in full
- Any player with outstanding registration fees from a previous season is considered a “Member Not in Good Standing”. As such, registration for the 2020-21 hockey season will be refused until payment of outstanding fees is received in full.
- For both Credit Card and Etransfer payments, a down payment of 25% of balance must be received on or before September 30, 2022.
- Installment Payments – 25% down payment (Dues September 30th) plus 3 installment payments (Due no later than September 30, October 31st and November 30). Registration fee Installment payments made to credit card will automatically be charged to your card, Sept 30th, Oct 31st, Nov 30th. **PLEASE NOTE The Hockey Canada system cannot include Conditoining and Tryout fees the installment payments and they will be charged in full at time of registration.
- Registration Fee is mandatory for all players.
- Conditioning Camp is optional. Conditioning sessions consists of 6 - 1 hour on ice sessions and cost is $15
- Cut off to register for conditioning ice times is September 5th, 2022
- Participation in tryouts for rep teams is optional but and must be added to registration to participate. Cost of Tryouts for all levels is $100 except for U13 AAA which is $200
- In order to tryout for competitive teams at the U11, U13, U15 and U18 levels, players must be registered no later than September 15th. Any registrations received after this cut off date will be allocated to recreation.
- Checking Camp certification is mandatory for all players who have not played checking hockey at the Bantam A level or above in previous minor hockey seasons, please note that a HNS certified checking clinic only needs to be taken once. Checking camp has been held in the spring but we expect to be putting on a fall checking clinic before Tryouts in October.
- Participation in spring hockey where body checking is permitted does not qualify a player to participate in tryouts with body checking.
- After September 5th, 2022, a late registration fee of $50 will apply for all registrations except for first-time hockey players along with U7 and U9 players.
- If fees are not paid by November 30, 2022, a late payment fee of $50 will be applied to the member's account.
- If 25% down payment fee is not paid by October 1, 2022, (unless alternative payment plan has been approved by our treasurer) players will not be able to participate in any Whalers activities until the down payment for player is received in full.
- If fees are not paid by December 15, 2022, players will not be able to participate in any Whalers activities until the outstanding fees are received in full.
- Any player with outstanding registration fees from a previous season is considered a “Member Not in Good Standing”. As such, registration for the 2022-23 hockey season will be blocked by the Hockey Canada system until payment of outstanding fees is received in full.
Registration payment information
If registration is being made e-transfer, payment may be made in either one full payment or 4 installments (25% downpayment plus three installments).
Registration Installments Payment Schedule
Conditioning Installments Payment Schedule
Tryout Installments Payment Schedule
***PLEASE NOTE if paying by etransfer please send ONE E-TRANSFER for all players and for all fees. Please do not send seperate etransfers for each player or for each installment amount (I.e. one for registration and one for Tryouts and/ or conditioning), when they are sent seperately on the same date, only one etransfer shows in our email box.
For those wanting to apply for financial assistance (Kidsport, Jumpstart, or other funding agencies), you can visit their web sites for application forms and deadlines. Please go to our Financial Assistance page under the registration menu for more info. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions: If you have any questions, please direct them to the Registrar at email@example.com.
DWMHA Registration Refund Policy
Any refund requests must be submitted in writing via email to the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org. The refund request must clearly state the reason for the request and the extent of the refund will depend on the date that the written request is received (unless otherwise specified).
Refunds involving etransfer payments will be issued after the payment has been cleared through DWMHA's financial institution (less any applicable administrative fee).
Refunds involving credit card payments will be processed back onto the credit card used for registration after DWMHA has received notification of the approved credit card payment from the credit card processing system (less any applicable administrative fee).
Refunds will only be provided for the following circumstances
- Voluntary withdrawal request
If a player is requesting a voluntary refund (to play other sports / pursue other interests), they will be eligible for a prorated refund up until December 31st of the season, there will be no refunds after December 31st
- Non-Voluntary withdrawal request
If a player is requesting a non-voluntary refund (relocation, season ending injury, medically unfit to play) will received a pro-rated refund at any time during the season.
- Medical Reason
If an illness or injury (supported by a physician's note) prevents the player from participating for the remainder of the season in any program for which they have enrolled, a proportion of the fees will be refunded upon request. Following the deduction of any administrative or other applicable costs that may apply, the refund will be pro-rated according to the duration of the season remaining after either the date the written request is received or the date of the illness / injury as per the physician's note.
Important items to note:
- All approved refunds will be based on pro-rated number of weeks remaining in the season as a percentage of the total number of weeks at the time of refund request.
- NO REFUNDS will be processed for any period of time in the season if a player is ill, injured or Suspended from playing.
- Refunds will not be processed until all team fees are paid in full and DWMHA jerseys and/ or equipment have been returned in good condition.
- Refunds after October 15th will not be refunded the $65 Hockey Canada Insurance fee.
- All refunds will be subject to a $10 admin fee.
- Registration refunds do not apply to conditioning camps, tryout fees, team fees or development sessions
- Players in U7 and U9 divisions are eligible for a full prorated refund at any time during their first year of registration.
- There is no refund for retroactive requests or missed sessions for any reason.
- Any requests for exceptions to be made to the refund policy must be approved by the DWMHA Executive board of Directors.
Refunds due to COVID -19
Due to the possible interruption and/ or shutdown in our upcoming season due to Covid-19 pandemic, please take note of the following:
- Should the season not be played at all, a full refund will be provided
- If there is a shortened season, the prorated formula would be based on the number of weeks remaining in the season as a percentage of the total number of weeks
- If the season is put on hold after the season starts due to Public Health order being is, a pro-rated refund will be issued depending on the actual cost of season for the association.